Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Choices

It wasn't a fluke! 



I'm in shock. I'm not complaining, but history indicates that this should have shot up today.  I was so excited this morning.  

I made good choices yesterday.  I went to lunch at a pizza place.  It's very very hard for me to not get pizza.  But I was strong.  I looked at my ring and I thought I worked hard to get under 200 lbs. I can have pizza again, but not today.   I ordered a grilled chicken salad.  The lady asked if I wanted a small or large.  She indicated the large was really big.  But when is a lot of lettuce bad for you?  I got the large. OMG.  I wish I'd had taken a photo.  Wow.  It was ginormous.  I can't even guess how much chicken was on there.  I was a bit worried about any butter being used on the chicken.  But I ate every last bite of that salad.  I was stuffed. My biggest concern was that I used every drop of dressing they gave me.  I usually don't do that.  Especially when the dressing comes out in small bowl.  But the salad was just that big.  I had poppyseed dressing.  Every day when I eat at my desk I use salsa as dressing.  When I go out I figure I can splurge and have real dressing.  It was SO good.  

Last night I was on my own for dinner.  I had 2 scrambled eggs with a slice of melted cheese, 3 links of banquet turkey sausage and a glass of chocolate milk.   My favorite dinner!   Now don't think that I don't have "bad" food.  Cause I do!  I made sugar cookies this past weekend.  I gave 24 to my mom to take to work with her.  But I kept some aside for me.  I've had one every night.  It's my treat.  I don't like to "diet" where I restrict food.   I've never been good at that (except with HCG).  When I can't have something I tend to eat *more* other things to satisfy a craving.  Usually I'd have been better off just eating the thing I wanted in the first place.   I also have these skinny cow chocolates filled with caramel.  I had a pack of those.  I'm not going to lie.  6-9 pm is my worse eating time.  I just want to keep eating.  I tend to struggle a tiny bit after lunch at work.  I try to eat lunch as late as possible (I tend to want to eat lunch at 11 am) so that the time between when I'm done with lunch and get to leave work is shorter. :)   Also I just can't keep any kind of food at my desk.  I suck at portion control.  So I have what is in my cooler and that's all I can eat. I'm doing much better with that time of day.  But the evenings hit me hard.  I'm working on that, but so far it hasn't been hurting me too much I guess. 


Oh and yesterday was a cross train or 2 mile run.  I chose to run.  I think maybe I should have done the elliptical or stairs for my knee.  I'm still working on that dang knee.  I did ice it last night.  In anycase I have 3 miles tonight.  First I have a chiro appointment.  I swear I have a rib that is slightly out of place.  It was *beyond* painful on Sunday.  I can't even begin to tell you how much pain I was in.  My mom saw me briefly that day.  I guess I looked like hell.  Cause she texted me 3 times on Monday to see how I was doing.  I had a massage on Monday and that seemed to have helped.  Might have even relaxed the rib but things aren't quite right.  So the chiro is first after work.  Then the 3 mile run.  And if it's not to late ( meaning my chiro wasn't running crazy late) then I'll hit the barn for a ride on Eli cause the weather is just suppose to be so nice today (40's).   Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment