Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Binge eating

I read Runs For Cookies and she talks about binge eating quite a bit.  She recently read a book called "Brain Over Binge".  I'm pondering getting that book.  I totally binged last night.  I've never really thought of my eating habits as binging.  But what is random eating when you aren't hungry?   So last night my husband went hunting.  I had been feeling down and out about the scale.  That morning I ran 2 miles and did a Chalean Extreme lifting workout.   I didn't really eat breakfast and I had my normal breakfast smoothie for lunch.  I had to take my cat to the cardiologist for a check up.  I got home at 6.  I made 2 hole in one eggs for dinner.  I wanted the protein from eggs.  I do believe my body does better with a high protein diet.  I threw away the center bread piece from one of the pieces of bread, to reduce the carbs.  I had 3 links of Oscar Meyer Turkey Sausage.   Ok, this is all ok.   But then I ate a piece of left over bday cake.  Then I ate two cups (not measuring cups, but drinking cups) of Quisp Cereal.  I ate some fruit snacks.  I don't even remember what else.  I wasn't hungry.  I was craving things.  And I just ate.  I would say this is binging.  I don't do this often, but you know what?  Maybe I need to read about this concept.   It's probably enough to derail my diet even though I don't do it very often.  I feel like my body is stuck though.  Often I think I'd do better just dieting and not working out.


For some reason I find decorating cookies to be relaxing.  And it's kind of my new hobby.  I want to get better at it.  I don't really find them terribly tempting to eat cause I want to give them away.  Today I brought these to work


I did eat one of the medium size cookies.   But I haven't had any more.  Hopefully they get scarfed up at work today.  But I made Oatmeal Raising & Cookies-n-cream cookies as well.  Cookie overload at work!

I'm already planning my next cookie challenge.  It's a valentine's cookie and I'm trying to find the cutters at a reasonable price. 


No comments:

Post a Comment