Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend cheats. . .

I'm still on this plateau of 182-183.  I need to hit 181 to get to 30 pounds. I never imagined I'd still be playing yo-yo with the scale at this point.  I really really wanted to hit that goal before yesterday when we went to a Cardinals baseball game.  I had that planned as my cheat "meal" and I decided I was doing it no matter what the scale said.  Since I'm kind of a cardio junkie I ran every day Thurs - Mon hoping to make some progress. I also really wanted to get some miles on my legs.  On Sunday morning I got in 5 miles and I can't tell you how long it's been since I've done that route.  My legs were beat and I knew I wasn't in shape enough to run it.  I walked twice for a total of 1 mile, so I was happy with that.  I really want to get to a point where I do 5 miles once a week consistently.



So what did I eat at the ballgame?  I did not eat clean, that's for sure.

My husband and I shared nachos with pulled pork BBQ sauce, cheese, salsa and toppings.


I had two Shock Top beers.

I had one mudslide.  My cousin was drinking them and I had forgotten my love of the mudslide.  So I got one.  Funny how they put a lid on it.  It almost looks like chocolate milk for a kid.  I said I got mine in a sippy cup! :)

The game went to 11 innings and we won!  Whoop!  We got home much later than expected.  Then I topped off the day by having an oreo McFlurry from McD's.  Yes I really cheated. I prefer to just cheat one meal and not most of the day like this.  But at the same time I kind of needed to get this out of my system.  I'm ready for a good week and hopefully to get to my goal of 181 by the weekend.  Then it's on to to the 170's!  I think I'm going to take measurements and some updated pics on Sat.


Speaking of pics. . .

I downloaded a new app on my phone so that I can make collages for instagram :) 

I know any before and after is legit, but I haven't been as heavy as I was in 2008-2009 since then. . . I have gone up and down.  I really want to get together some before and after from my Advocare journey.  However, I do think there is value in these photos.  I don't even identify with the 2009 version of me.  In the full body shot. . . gosh I knew I was big. . . I've seen that photo before. . . I just didn't realize how chunky my legs were.  I remember those pants. . . I loved them.  I was sad when they were too big on me, which is silly.  But it's hard to find pants in long lengths that I love.  I loved those pants!   But I never want to fit into them again.  I hope I gave them away, but I need to go through some clothes again and just purge. 




From my perspective these photos motivate me and keep me dedicated.  But I hope they motivate others too.  Sometimes it just takes the right photo to encourage people.  For me I've seen many before and afters, but then one clicks.  I'm like if she can do it I can do it.  I've seen some crazy before and afters - where the after is like bikini competition ready.  That is likely not realistic for me.  That is not my goal and I know that I don't have that kind of dedication.  I'm just the average girl looking to be more confident and hopefully have a better time shopping for clothes.  Though I've started to wonder if that's ever really easy as a woman?  I'm not sure it is, no matter the size you wear!

Hope you all had a good holiday weekend.  Summer is here and while I'm more active in the summer, I'm also in positions to eat more food.  So summer is always a challenge. I'm determined to make this one the healthiest summer yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment