Pages

Friday, May 22, 2015

I love a good run

I don't really *love* running.  Are you shocked?  :)   It's weird because I love when I'm done.  If I don't run I get a strong urge to go for a run.  Which is why I'm still running.  But while I'm doing it?  OMG just kill me now.  WHY am I doing this?  I'd rather be watching TV, reading a book, crocheting, cuddling with my kitties . . . but no, I'm out here step after step trying to reach some goal I have in my head, trying to breath, trying to get rid of a side stitch, trying not to think of how far I have left, trying not to let myself walk. . . .

But. . . then there is a good run.  The one where I'm really consistent in my pace, where my body feels like a machine, where I get in this zone and I don't struggle.   Part of my run last night was that!

I hate running after work.  But I've noticed that I drag my feet in the morning.  I use to get up, get dressed and get my butt out the door.  Now I drag my feet.   I've been trying to run at least one weekday in the evening (I run Sat and Sun in the AM).  I've also been trying to get over the 3 mile hump.  I ran 4 miles on Sat.  And yesterday was drop dead gorgeous.  Sunny.  Slight chill to the wind.  Gorgeous clouds.  So I went home and changed into my running clothes. . .  and I was going to enjoy the run - not look at my Garmin and just run 4 miles however I did it.  Then I looked.  *gasp* Am I really running that fast.  I don't feel like I'm going that fast.  So I stuck with it. Mile 2 was just as fast.  So I was determined to crank out three miles at a sub-11:00 pace.

But I'm not in shape enough for 4 miles at that pace.  And even mile 3 was pushing it.  I got a side stitch. . .and well um I felt like I had to poo!  I have never had runners trots and I was not about to start now.  When my Garmin dinged for mile 3 I made myself slow down.  I'm not going to like.  I wanted to walk.  I wouldn't let myself.  I wanted 4 miles of running on my legs.

LOOK at the splits for the first three miles.  SO consistent.  It really was a good run because at least through 2.5 miles I was like a robot.  Steady pace, step after step, nice breathing. . .  I love that zone.  I'm not going to lie I had high hopes that my average pace was going to be sub-11:00 but no such luck.  I was so close!  I'm still really proud of myself for cranking that out in the late afternoon.  I felt fantastic!






I stumbled across this quote online this past weekend.  So true.  Honestly I try not to compare myself to others.  And the mindset in the eating game is all YOU.  All ME!  I choose what goes in my mouth.  I choose how and when I workout and the effort I put into it.  I'm my own competition.  I'm my own enemy.  I'm my own supporter.  It's me!  And you know what?  I'm going to win!  Every day the food game is a battle.  I'm not going to lie - I want Taco Bell. :)  I want pizza.  I choose not to but I struggle at times.  




I got a new bottle last night.  This was a limited edition bottle as part of Advocare's All-In Challenge in January.  I participated in that. That was my first 24 day challenge and my true commitment to Advocare.  But due to some confusion when I ordered I didn't get the All In Challenge which came with the bracelet and water bottle.  In recent weeks I've found both on eBay.  :)   

I love the "All In" mantra.   It really hits home to me this year.  If you are going to do it - go All In!  Give it your all.  Don't half ass it.  If you want the maximize results and get the most out of what you are doing (anything that you are doing) go ALL IN!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment