Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

Inches lost. . .

Oh gosh. . . I'm so discouraged by the scale.  Up and down. . .the same 2 lbs basically.  This weekend I saw the 30 lbs lost mark. . . but my scale was goofy.  It took like 6 attempts to get two weights of the same number.  So scrap that.  I'll wait till I really believe it.

Yesterday I measured.  I needed some motivation.

Total lost since May 9th (that was the end of my last cleanse and the last time I measured)
Chest: -2 inches (really?  goodness.  I don't need or want to lose my chest!)
Waist: - 1 inch
Hips: -1 inch
Thigh: -0.5 inch

My totals since the beginning of the year when I first started Advocare:
Chest: -4 inches
Waist: -5 inches
Hips: -6 inches (I freaking LOVE this!  That's my problem area)
Thigh: -3.5 inches

The scale doesn't show it all, but gosh darn it if I won't do a happy dance when I see that 30 lbs mark for realz.



Sunday I did my first real 5 mile run (ran the whole thing) in a long long time.




I cannot freaking tell you how good this felt!  Whoop!   I had negative splits!  Holy crap. I never have that on a 5 mile run.  It was cold!  It was like 58 when I started my run.  Breezy too.  I had a head wind from miles 0.5-1.5.  That was kind of a struggle and might explain the slower miles 1 and 2.  Normally my first mile would be below 11:00.  Funny how running into the wind can be tough, but when it's a tail wind, I can't feel nothing and it sure doesn't feel like it pushes me on!  This was one of those runs that felt so steady and strong. Just very rhythmic.  I LOVE those.  I was flying high after this run.

I've been taking Advocare's 02 Gold before my runs on the weekend.  People call it a 3rd lung.  I haven't quite got the timing down - you are suppose to take it an hour before you run. I'm usually out the door well within that first hour that I'm awake.  That being said I do feel like it helps and it's on my list to reorder this week.  I don't tend to keep using things that I feel don't work.  So there's something going on!



I don't think I mentioned this here, but this past week I had Brussels Sprouts for the first time.  In my life.  First time ever.  I loved them.  Of course they were made with pork belly and might have been fried to some capacity.  I tried to roast some last night with oil and balsamic vinegar. 


They were ok.  I'm going to keep trying. If you have a recipe that rocks, please share it with me.  



No comments:

Post a Comment