Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pretty good week!

It's time for my Wednesday weigh in. I'm down 3.2 lbs! :)



I cannot tell you how excited I am to see 178 on the scale. This is within my maintenance range. The relief I feel is pretty dang good. I like seeing that my body wants to be at this weight again. I'm mentally happy between 176-178. And I'm just slightly uncomfortable from 178-180. But above 180 really stresses me out. Now I have no clue about this fat monitor.


Technically that's a 0.2% increase from last week. I have trouble believing that with a 3.2 lb loss . But ok. The numbers are what they are. I want to get my fat % to 25% but I'm wondering how realistic that is? It should be attainable, but maybe I don't really know how to get the fat % down. I assumed losing weight would also drop that number. *shrug*

So here are the numbers since last week:

Hmm that looks a bit blurry when uploaded. I'm not sure why. The middle column of numbers is my average weight for the month. Then you have my gain or loss. The last column is fat % which I only do on Wed. I like seeing 4 days in a row in the 170's! This was just a good week for me. Last wed was really painful. I totally pigged out. Then I ran 3 miles and had a training session that day. I burned 1000 cals according to my heart rate monitor. Even though I got control of my eating that afternoon, I still went up a whole lb! Darn it. I buckled down and got back on track. The increase on the 26th. . . that's Monday morning. I ran 5 miles on Sunday morning. I'm still learning how to feed myself when I run. Especially on the long 5 mile days. I went up 0.8 last monday after my sunday 5 mile run. There's something to that I think. I talked to my trainer a bit about how to eat when running. This Sunday I just felt a bit weak all day on Sunday and just enough off balance with my body. It was hard to describe. I honestly don't think I eat enough on those 5 mile days. But I also think I need to work on timing of my food. I run on an empty stomach first thing Sunday morning. I prefer to run on an empty stomach, but that may not be the best idea. I guess I could also be slightly dehydrated since it is first thing in the morning. I don't drink water before heading out. Why? Cause water goes right through me and I am afraid I'll have to pee too badly while running! So I think I'm really just not doing the right thing. I need to work on that. This coming weekend might not show the best results though. Our 1 year anniversary is Monday so we will be celebrating this weekend. I mean we have year old wedding cake to eat! LOL! :)

Speaking of wedding cake, let's just take a look at my wedding cake:

I confess it made me super sad to cut that gorgeous thing! The top is supposedly at my parents house in the freezer. I almost wish we didn't save the top. I would have ordered a small cake from the same bakery and had a nice fresh cake! I plan on doing that next year, and the next year and the year after that! :)

One thing that I changed this week is on Thursday I started writing down what I eat. Admittedly I'm not 100% perfect. Some things sneak in that I don't write down. Mostly though I try really hard to track. I write down when I wake up, when I eat, when I finish a bottle of water. . . .


I don't track stats such as cals, fat, protein. I use to do this daily via sparkpeople. I stopped doing that and for some reason I can't seem to get myself back to that. This is my compromise. Those papers live in my purse and I just write what I eat. I'm not too worried about analyzing it because obviously this week I did well. If I struggle with the number on the scale then I'll analyze what I'm eating. The goal right now is to just be aware of it. So far I think it's helping.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your weight loss! Your cake was beautiful, I'm so jealous. We had a cake from a grocery store bakery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think the guests took more pics of the cake than they did of me. It definitely stole the show. :)

      Delete