Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

1 pound

So I'm up a pound today. Does your weight fluctuate that much in a day?! How annoying. Did I pig out yesterday? Not too bad! LOL. I was very very sore yesterday. I still am today. I mean my legs are painfully sore. With every passing hour yesterday they hurt worse. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to ride. But I know movement is the best thing. So I did. Can't say it helped. :( I took a long hot shower last night and my husband massaged my legs. He's a saint! It felt SO good. But when I woke up they are still painful. Not quite so much, but 50% maybe. I'm going to run today though. I haven't ran since Sunday. Back to the legs. . . maybe some of my pound is water weight. I know muscles retain water when they are repairing. So maybe. I will say I feel heavy today. I mean I know when I got on the scale that it would be up. I just feel fat. So maybe there is water retention. Am I ever going to see the 170's again for any length of time? I liked those numbers! I knew starting running might cause me an increase in weight. I just thought I could get it back off. Did I mention I had measurement at the gym Wednesday night? First measurements since Jan 4th. I lost a bit in the waist. Maybe 3/4 inch? I can't remember for sure. I gained in the thighs. At least a 1/2 inch, maybe more. I'm told it's from muscles building from running. It has to be because when I gain fat it goes to my waist and hips. Everything else stayed basically the same, or was so minimal it's not worth talking about. I'm going to try to be good this weekend when I'm out of town. I packed my scale. I'm trying to suck the water down. But I will say this. . . our hotel is right next to a DQ and I'm having ice cream once! It's been so long!

2 comments:

  1. I gained even more than 1 pound in 1 day.. I know the feeling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it sucks. Big time. :( Are you following me now? :)

    ReplyDelete