Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Low Maintenance

I'm a low maintenance kind of girl.  We have a casual dress code at work.  I wear jeans, a t-shirt and a light jacket every day.  All year around pretty much cause the temperature is off in my office and I'm most comfortable in that combo.  Though right now it's flipping freezing and I wonder if I'm going to have to dress for winter through the summer.  I rarely wear make up and my hair is always in a pony tail.  If I manage to start the day with the hair down, it's pulled back my lunch time. 

Sometimes I joke to my husband that he must be happy I'm not high maintenance.  It doesn't take me much time to get ready.  

But there are times I wish I dressed more. . . fashionable? Nicer?  Less casual . . . 


As I was packing for Europe I pondered what I'd wear the week I was in Belgium and dressing casual the whole time (as opposed to being at work in London).   My friend in Belgium wears lots of dresses and skirts even for casual wear.  That's not me.  That will likely never be me.  You can't teach an old dog new tricks!  Ha!  I'm too old to suddenly turn girly.  

But I'd like to take a step up from the t-shirts.  Before I left for my trip I was shopping at Maurice's.  My weight loss has put me in between sizing and I needed some jeans.  I have jeans that are too big and too small.  Ugh.   The joys of changing weight fairly often.  I also needed a pair of skinny jeans to wear with my Dubarry boots at Rolex later this month.  I did get a pair and hopefully I'll get a pic while I'm there and wearing them. :)   This is kind of a big deal as I think I'm too fat for skinny jeans. 

So back to Maurice's. . . while I was there I saw this light spring sweater and I liked it.  It's very not me.  But something about it said "try me on".  So I did.  And I paired it with the wrong color tank top.  But the very friendly sales associate helped me out and once she matched it with a different color I was sold.  My husband was with me at the time and he liked it even though "it's not really you".  Lol!  The sweater is something that is easy to snag, so not sure how often I'll wear it.  I did push through the jetlag and wear it to one of my Easter gatherings.  Why I find "dressing up" to be such a chore I don't know. . . . 



Photo taken with wet hair and everything :) 

I'm pondering another shopping trip to try to spruce up my clothing options, but that's work. . . . so who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment