Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

Warm Hugs

I'm Olaf and I like warm hugs!



If you have not seen Frozen - go!!  NOW!!   This movie is fantastic.   I cannot wait for it to come out on DVD.   I saw it with my husband a couple weeks ago and again yesterday with my mom and my 5 year old nephew.  And I missed stuff this second time around I think.  I have to see it again.  I am going to preorder it from Amazon.   It is simply a great movie.  Of course I do love snowmen. :)




So this weekend I was at the barn and this young girl asks me how Eli is doing.  I'm going to guess at her age - maybe 14?  I don't know.  I should ask her.  She could really be 12.   So I tell her that he's doing ok, but my I forgot to contact my vet before he left for Hawaii.  She says "Dr Loafmann?"  I said yes.  She says "yeah he's going on my boat".   Apparently they have a boat in Hawaii.  Geesh.  *eye roll*   Her father and step mom are well off, clearly.  I knew this.  They own a fancy restaurant in St Louis.  Rumor is they own the local Krispy Kreme too.  I don't know really.   Anyways, not long later we are both in the lounge eating cupcakes(!).   She asks me what I got for Christmas.  I'm thinking really - nothing that would interest someone of her age, but I tell her one thing anyways. She shows me all the horse stuff she got.   I remember those days!  Back when every item on my list was really for Eli. :)   Then she mentions some clothes and comments she's not sure why people got her that.  I said you can always use clothes.  She replies, as serious as a heart attack, "I have 6 closets of clothes".   I believe she said one is all western jeans.  The other is all western show shirts.   I don't think I have 6 closest in my house.   Well then again I'm a damn redneck that lives in a flipping trailer.   Clearly her and I are worlds apart!   Wow.   The family is nice as pie.  The step mom is "big" in the barrel racing world apparently.  Again, not a world I'm familiar with.   Must be nice.   I can only dream of 6 closets of clothing!  The sad thing is that I probably have enough clothes to fill 6 closets.  However it's just all in piles around my bedroom.  




Last night I got an email from a friend telling me that their horse was sick and colicky and was in surgery.  I woke up to the news that they lost him.  Malachi was a  24 year old Trakehner stallion and he was such a sweetheart.  So well behaved.   My previous trainer had him for a few years.  He had a wonderful personality and became a favorite of everyone that met him.  I cannot imagine how my friends feel right now.  :(   2013 has been a sucky year and even at this late date it continues to be so.  



No comments:

Post a Comment