Pages

Saturday, December 28, 2013

I walked

This morning I decided to go for a run.  I wanted to do 4 miles, but it just wasn't working.  I have no idea what the problem was.  Today is suppose to be pretty warm with temps in the 50's.  But there was frost on my car and it was in the 30's when I left to drive to the park.  

I wore my old navy tights (unlined), and unlined long sleeve shirt from Target and this jacket (you can't hardly tell that's a link!) from old navy.  I love this jacket!  It is SO comfortable.  I got it Thanksgiving night when the whole store was 50% off.  Total impulse purchase.  I got an xl which is a size larger than almost everything I currently wear on top.  But trying it on in the store, that's the size that felt and looked the best.  I love how it's cut a bit longer in the front and back. It's just super flattering.  But apparently it was just not quite right for today's run.  I have no idea what went wrong.  I was just kind of sticky.  I wasn't even hot.  I did take the jacket off somewhere around mile 2.5.  I only did 3.5 miles total. And I walked several times.  Something about walking just doesn't work in my head.  Then it doesn't count as a "run".  I also haven't walked during an outside run in a long time.  But it is what it is.  And I am still having knee issues.  So what could I do?   

When I got back to my car I had to head to the ATM and then Dollar General.  Our milk and bread were both expired.  I had drank some chocolate milk anyways before my run, but I wanted more with breakfast.  I normally have a shakeology smoothie but I wanted a hole in one egg.  So I made that and had more milk.  Yum! 

Even with all that walking my pace was only 1 min/mile less than it has been. 



Today we have Christmas with my immediate family.  I saw on FB that my brother's whole family is sick.   He sent out a text asking if everyone was ok with them coming as they have colds.  What are you suppose to say?  That would be half the family missing!  Plus Christmas is for kids and they have 2.  So they need to be there.  I enjoy giving gifts (more than receiving) and I like to see the kids open the gifts.    I already know what my parents got me.  So other than the stocking stuffers, nothing will be a surprise.  Oh those stocking stuffers!  What a stressful thing that is.  I have such a hard time getting a stuffer for everyone.  I find that crazy difficult.   So I'm off to wrap a few more gifts cause I'm a slacker!

No comments:

Post a Comment