Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

3 Miles!!

I think I've mentioned that I want to do a 5K. That's 3.1 miles and I should be able to walk that even if I can't run.

Friday night I pushed myself to do 3 miles on the treadmill. Pushed isn't the right answer, once I get through the first mile, the second seems easy. So I decided to hang on and try a third. I did it! Counting my 1/4 mile warm up walk, I did the 3.25 miles is 41:12. Saturday I decided to do it again. It was harder. I was sore. My legs were hurting. I only had one day off at the gym this week so I wasn't surprised. But I did manage to shave about a minute off my time. I did the 3.25 in 40:03. I said I wasn't going to do 3 miles again today. I was TIRED yesterday after I was done. Completely pooped. lol. However I slept well, I slept in and today my body said it felt great during the first mile. So I did it again! I shaved off even more time and the best thing is that I feel SOOO good!



38:05! that's not bad considering I walk the first .25 in about 4 mins if I remember right. i want to be able to run 5 miles on the treadmill before I do the 5K in April. We will see. :)

I technically leave tonight for our trip even though our flight doesn't leave till tomorrow AM. I will be working out on vacation. :) I can't give myself that much time off. I just hope I can run 3 miles next Sat when I'm back. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment