I hate New Year's. Why? Because it marks the passing of another year. Because it shows me 365 days have gone by and what have I accomplished? In 2015 I did work on my health/weight quite a bit and that was good. But really not much else. I have time anxiety. I stress every day over how much time I have left in the day. How much I have to do in that amount of time. And I stress about the overall passing of time and getting older. I'm 37. I'm not where I expected to be in life at this age.
I shared these goals on FB and I'll share them here. My "official" 2016 New Year's resolutions.
1. Continue on the healthy journey I started in 2015.
2. Be thankful for my health each day.
3. Run a 10K race. I’ve ran the distance, but not an official run.
4. Try not to fit so much into each day.
5. Relax about “time”.
6. Think before I speak.
7. Be less impromptu about spending money.
8. Stress less about decisions.
9. Be more organized and reduce clutter in my living spaces.
10. Spend Christmas 2016 in a house. Yes a new house, but an actual house.
Some of these will be much harder than others. And number 10 is going to be the deal breaker on my marriage. If that doesn't happen I don't think I'll be married by the end of this year. So I expect a tough year ahead. I am not looking forward to it.
I'm starting the year sick. I got sick yesterday and it got worse as the day went on. I probably should have stayed home just to rest today but I feel like my husband doesn't support me staying home from work. I have no idea why but I guess I feel like he thinks I should "suck it up" and go to work. After all, back in August when I was *sick* (I wish I had a name for what was wrong with me) he told me to take a shot of whiskey and deal with the pain. So that's the kind of attitude he has. So I came to work. Yay me. Happy New Year's to those of you that are excited about it. I just realized it's a 366 day year. Oh yay. One more day to accomplish my list above.