Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

5 pounds!

I lost 5 pounds.  I'm so excited about this because I did it in a rather stress free (for me) way.  On Monday June 2nd I was pissed off at the scale.  It read 208.2.   I decided I'd not get on the scale again till Friday.  Then I could get on again Monday (the weekends are hard for me so I like to monitor the damage) and then again on Friday.  So twice a week.   

On Friday June 6th I weighed in at 205.0.  That's 3.2 lbs!  I wasn't to "sure" of that weight but I know I also put on lb or more the weekend before so it might have fallen off fast. 

On Friday June 13th I weighed in at 204.8.  To say that I was bummed is an understatement.  It was my time of the month that week so it's possible I gained and loss 2 lbs that week, but still . . . . 

So I then gave up the twice a week scale thing unfortunately.  However I was only monitoring this past week and didn't put much stock in the number.  I knew it didn't "count" till Friday.   

And now it's Friday. . . 



Ignore the date.  I'm way *way* too lazy to correct the date on my scale.  :)   

So 5 lbs in 3 weeks.  Not too shabby.  Not as fast as I'd hoped, but I'll take it.  It's motivating me and I need that.  I want to get under 200 lbs as the first goal.  Then we'll talk about the next goal.   

What have I been doing differently?  I've been really strict about what I eat at work.  I eat the same breakfast - a shakeology smoothie.  I have the same lunch - chicken on salad with salsa as the dressing.  I have fruit throughout the day.  I have one serving of Planter's nutrition energy mix with my salad.  I've been trying really hard to not snack in the evenings as much.  I allow myself a snack. .  or 2. But not 5 or 6!   I almost always have a Fiber One oats and chocolate granola bar.   Last Friday at work I ran at lunch and then had a salad from Imo's immediately after.  I allowed myself a few pieces of the cheesy bread that come with the lunch special.  I'm doing that again today because it allows me to break up the monotony of eating the same thing every day.  It's still a salad but it's a treat.  It comes with a small soda and I allow myself to have that.  I've been looking forward to it all week.  I'm trying to find that balance between a really healthy lifestyle and allowing myself to enjoy food/life.  Weekends are a bit more tough as we usually eat out once, but I also run farther on the weekends and am generally more active.  So I guess it's working.  

The biggest thing for me is that I have a "plan" so to speak and my stress level over the scale has decreased.  For me this is huge!

It's getting really really hot and humid here.  We have had a heat index of 100 or really close since Tuesday.  It's tough as hell to get in 2 miles at lunch, but for now I'm sticking with it hoping to acclimate.  I'm also hoping the heat breaks as it was supposed to only be Tuesday that was hot. . . it's Friday now and it's still hot. :(   It's definitely affecting my motivation to run during the day.  But for now I'm hanging tough and I'm just going to "do it!"   

Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment