Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

180.4

The first week of lent proved to be moderately difficult. Generally when I do something like this, it's pretty black and white. I cannot eat chocolate or candy. I didn't have much difficulty until yesterday. Every month at work we have a birthday cake day to celebrate the birthdays for that month. Yesterday's cake was chocolate. Ahh! I really wanted cake. Darn it. So that was hard. I did eat some icing off the cardboard base.

Yesterday I was also promoted to head baker in my office. It's an inside joke but I did bring in oatmeal raisin and funfetti cake cookies today. I've eaten too many. :( And there are a bunch more goodies upstairs in honor of leap day! Oh my! It's going to be a bit of a high carb day. Uh oh!

We had a mandated 8 AM start today because of a scheduled power outage. I took advantage of the extra hour and went to the gym. Ran 3 miles and burned about 500 cals!

But the big news is that since last wed I am down 3.2 lbs. Now that's something huh?


I'm pleased with that. A bit disappointed because yesterday was my weekly low of 179.8. And I thought I was very well behaved yesterday. But I did have a fat burn type workout and sometimes my muscles retain water. I won't know because I'm stuffing my face with carbs today so tomorrow I may weigh more than this. :( I never went above that 183.6 last week. So that was a good thing. But I'm really close to my reset maintenance weight which is about 177-178. So this week is going to prove to be challenging I think.

My fat % was estimated at 29.3% last week I believe. I know for a fact I was in the 29's and I was disappointed about it. I didn't take my measurement first thing in the AM last wednesday. So that may have threw it off a bit but I don't know in which direction. However, 28.6% is the answer today! Woo hoo. I will say that this is generally the number I get when I'm in my maintenance weight range. So now the struggle to drop lower will begin. I've seen 28.3 and maybe a 28 once? But it will be hard to get down there. We'll see what happens. I'd just like to have these exact same numbers next week. I'd be ok with that! :)

So in other news I've been really struggling with my horse. So much so that I have 2 plans. We both take a month off. Or I take a month off and he goes to my trainer's for a tune up. I can't decide. The tune up will be expensive. And I just got a $600 vet bill for him due to urine crystals. Blah! So I'm undecided. He can't go till after March 15th due to my trainer's vacation. But I still do need to decide. I really want us to get back on track, but I'm not sure this is the answer. Do I really spend more money on training that I might undo? I have a lot to think about.

And currently I'm thinking about new shoes for the gym. . . I'm searching for bargains online. I would like some pink, but I'll take a good deal. Not having much luck :(




2 comments:

  1. Just take a month off. It won't hurt either of you and will hopefully give you some answers.

    I have to chuckle at the fact that while you are cutting out "chocolate & candy" you are still allowed to have cake. I always kind of considered them in the same vein. It's all copious amounts of sugar, after all. Isn't that the point behind cutting out the chocolate & candy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really. I eat chocolate and candy daily. They are the downfall. I don't pig out on vanilla cake. Everything I bake is chocolate 99% of the time. Everything I crave is chocolate. So I can't eat a ding dong. I could eat a hostess apple pie. But I won't. Cause my weakness is specifically chocolate and candy. Today is unusual but in general through lent I won't be eating many sweets. But it's like this - one gummy bear or one hollow baby bink bunny and I'm done for. One piece of vanilla cake or an oatmeal raisin cookie - not so much. I've had too many today, but tomorrow will be no problem for me. If I had a chocolate bunny today I'd want another tonight and another 2-3 tomorrow. Get it? :)

      Delete