Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Seriously disappointed

I slept like crap last night.  I got a charlie horse in my calf at 2AM.  I was worried about oversleeping.  The alarm went off at 5.  We left the house at 6:30 to drive to St Louis for the 5K.  The advice was to get there 45 mins before the 8AM start.  By 7:30 it was raining.  By 7:45 there was lightening.  They pushed the event back 15 mins for a 8:15 start.   At 8AM they canceled all events for the day and handed out the medals.  Did I even want my medal?  I wasn't sure.  I got it though. My mom wanted to take a photo of me and I started crying. LOL..  I was so disappointed.  I've been training for 3 months.  All I wanted to do was run and be timed.  I wanted to say I finished it.  I wanted to wear the shirt proudly.  Instead I was cold and damp and it's almost noon and I still haven't run.



I'm just bummed. I know I can run 3.1 miles.  I just really wanted to do this.  To say I did it.  Now I can't.  Now I have to sign up for another one and do this all again.  I was ready to move on to life after a 5K. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment