Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas!!!



I haven't posted in a long time.  Maybe I can change that in the New Year.  I have to admit there has been a lot of stress in my life that has kept me from sharing much.  There hasn't been enough good stuff to share.




I did do the Hot Chocolate 15K on Dec 14th.  That is a special race to me as I ran it last year and it was my first big race.  It was one year post hip surgery and it was the first time I ever worse my Garmin.  So this year, 2 years post hip surgery, I didn't feel as fit as I did for my half marathon.  I wasn't in good "hill shape".  I walked a few times.  But I finished 28 seconds faster than last year.  And finishing faster was my only real goal!  If they hadn't had medals for the 15K finishers, I'm not sure I would have done the 15K this year.  I may have just done the 5K.



That's the medal!  And a shirt that I bought.  We got hoodies for the race.  Full zip this year!




I was off last week due to having to use or lose PTO.  My company cuts off our PTO at the end of the last pay period of the year. So that was Dec 19th.  I hate hate HATE that.  I'd much rather be off this week.  Even though not much is going on here so who really cares about being at work?

I had sugar cookies on my to do list while I was off. I haven't done sugar cookies since march.  I wanted to make them as close to Christmas as I could.  So I decorated them on Sunday.  6.5 hours later I was done!





So the weekend after Thanksgiving this page I follow on FB had a blind box sale of grey GumiPonis.   These little dudes are hard to get.  People snap them up fast when she lists individual ones.  I wish she did custom ones cause I'd get one to look like Eli.  Her first blind box sale was blue GumiPonis and I don't like fake colored horses.  But when I saw the grey ones I decided to buy one.  Honestly they are a bit expensive, but I can't say if it's a fair price till I get one.  They seem to be handmade and take a lot of time.  So the sale ran all day and I think she sold like 100 of those babies.  So she had to make them all and they all got mailed yesterday. . . or today. . . my tracking number isn't really valid yet, so we'll see when that goes live.   But she posted a blog showing the odds of getting a certain GumiPoni.  There are some I'd prefer over others.  I can't wait to see which one I get!  I actually don't mind that they aren't arriving till after Christmas cause it will be fun to get something in the mail next week - hopefully next week!




The lying weather people said we could wake up to snow today. But it's really just like the 3rd day of rain.  Doesn't feel very much like Christmas.  And my husband stole my Christmas spirit 2 nights ago so I find myself in a bit of a funk.   I also know almost every gift I'm getting. . . which is fine cause I don't like to be surprised.  But I just feel like there's not much to look forward to.  I  have to work Friday so Christmas is just an odd weekday off.  We go to my husband's family on Christmas day.  We go to my family on Saturday.  I hope to be more in the spirit then.  I'm really excited about my mom's gift.  I much prefer giving gifts to receiving them.  But with 3 grandkids at their house, the adult gifts get overlooked.  I really look forward to watching people open my gifts, but my parents kind of rush through theirs, or the kids open them all in a mad rush of flying paper and I feel like they don't even get to look at them till later.  Bah-humbug right?   I'm a grouch. :)   

But I do wish all of you a very Merry Christmas.  Be safe and enjoy!  And I'm going to keep wishing for snow. . . . 



No comments:

Post a Comment